[vc_nested_accordion active=”0″ el_position=”first last”][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”After-Hour Emergencies” tab_id=”1376078668-1-49″]
- A doctor is on call after office hours, during weekends, and on holidays. These calls should be limited to emergencies or serious illnesses.
- Call the regular office number: (859) 278-5007 for instructions to reach the doctor on call.
- Please note, medications will not be refilled by the on-call doctor.
- For severe situations, go immediately to the nearest Emergency Room and have your doctor contacted!
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Appointment Scheduling” tab_id=”1376078668-2-16″]
- Patients should call in advance to schedule appointments so that adequate time can be allowed for each visit. You may schedule an appointment by calling (859) 278-5007 Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and on Saturdays starting at 9:00 AM. (Please call for availability)
- Appointments can also be requested through FPA’s secure patient portal at www.fpalex.com. Log in to your account and follow the instructions for submitting an appointment request.
- Two days prior to a routine appointment, our automated system will call with a reminder of the appointment date, time, and location. Please let us know, in advance, if you will not be able to make your appointment as scheduled. Failure to do so may result in a surcharge being placed on your account.
- Call early if a same-day appointment is needed!
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Appointment Cancellations”]
- In order to ensure needed medical care and appropriate follow up, it is important to keep any scheduled appointment with your provider. In addition, when an appointment time is reserved for you, this time is unavailable for other patients. Advance notice of 24 hours is appreciated when it is absolutely necessary to reschedule your appointment.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”DOT Exams”]
- State regulations have changed for DOT exams. After 5/21/2014, all DOT exams must be performed by a certified medical examiner. Many, but not all, of the FPA providers are certified so be sure to schedule with a DOT certified provider. The charge for the DOT exam is $125 and due at the time of service. Please click here for more detailed information on DOT Exams.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Fees and Payments”]
- Family Practice Associates participates with several health insurance plans for which the patient is required to make a co-payment and a claim is filed with the insurance company for the remaining balance. Co-payments, annual deductibles and coinsurance amounts are the responsibility of the patient and are due at the time of service. These payments will be collected at the time of your appointment. Failure to make the required co-payment may result in a surcharge being placed on your account. Be sure to inquire about the participation status of your health insurance plan when scheduling appointments and at each visit. The patient is responsible for letting us know of changes in insurance and other information. Also, we file Medicare claims and accept the allowable fees. For patients without insurance, full payment is due at the time of service. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Please click here to view our practice’s financial policy
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Flight Physicals”]
- Call (859) 278-5007 or request an online appointment with Dr. Johnson. Dr. Johnson is approved FAA flight examiner.The FAA now requires that all forms be completed online. Paper forms are no longer available. After scheduling your flight physical, please go to the FAA website. Search for Medexpress FAA and fill out the online form. Be sure to click on the submit button before printing the form. You will be assigned a CONFIRMATION NUMBER – be sure to bring this number and your completed paperwork with you for your flight physical. PLEASE NOTE: PILOTS DO NOT NEED TO BE FASTING FOR THE FLIGHT PHYSICAL UNLESS REQUESTING BLOODWORK. Charges for Flight Physicals are: 1st class $125, 2nd class $100, 3rd class $75. Payment is expected at the time of service.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Medical Advice Requests”]
- Medical advice requests may be submitted by telephone at (859) 278-5007 or FPA’s secure patient portal at www.fpalex.com by logging into your account. Requests are reviewed by the doctor with a response from our knowledgeable medical office staff. The provider reserves the right to require an office visit for thorough in-person examination and treatment. Our goal is to respond to patient requests for medical advice within 24 business hours.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Medication refills”]
- For medication refill requests, please contact your pharmacy to take full advantage of the electronic connectivity between the pharmacy and our practice. For 90-day mail order prescription refills only, you may use the “Prescription Renewal” tab on the FPA website or call the refill hotline at (859) 278-5007, option 2. Please be prepared to give the following information: Patient’s name, Patient’s date of birth, Phone number, Medication (and spelling), Dosage and How taken. Mail order prescriptions will be mailed to the patient’s home address. Refills are processed within 24 hours of the request. Call your pharmacy directly to check on the status of the medication refills.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Medical Forms Completion”]
- Our practice receives many requests to complete various patient forms such as insurance, disability, FMLA, handicapped parking. Completion of these forms requires medical expertise and review of medical record documentation. For this reason, a fee based on complexity and length of the forms will be collected prior to releasing the form. It is the patient’s responsibility to complete their portion of the form and submit it to the requesting party. Please allow up to 7 to 10 days for processing.
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Medical Records”]
- Medical Records: (859)278-5007 As your primary care providers, FPA is serious about maintaining a complete and comprehensive medical record. Your medical record includes your medical history and current health status, test results and specialty reports, current and past medications, immunizations, and hospital and emergency department reports. Reliable access to our patients’ medical records has been secured by using an electronic health record (EHR). The relationship between the doctor and patient is confidential and any information exchanged will be held in the strictest of confidence. Confidential medical information will be released only with the express consent and authorization of the patient. Please allow 14 days for all medical records requests to be processed. Click here to view our Notice of Privacy Practices. Click here to download our Medical Records Release Form
[/vc_nested_accordion_tab][vc_nested_accordion_tab title=”Test Results”]
- We understand our patients want to know their test results as quickly as possible. Here at Family Practice Associates of Lexington your results may be obtained from a personalized voicemailbox or online through our secure patient portal.
- The Phonetree test result hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call (859) 278-7858 and follow the instructions to see if your results are available. When asked for the Patient ID Number, enter your social security number, then press the pound (#) key, located on the lower right side of the number pad. Follow the instructions to hear your test results.
- To retrieve your results through FPA’s secure patient portal, you will need to create a patient account and let your doctor know this is how you prefer to receive results. To review your results go to www.fpalex.com and log in to your patient account. Follow the instructions to retrieve your test results.
- If unable to obtain test results by Phonetree or secure patient portal, please call (859) 278-5007 and ask for your provider’s assistant.
- Please allow time for results to be received and reviewed by your provider. Please allow up to 14 days for results to be available (received and reviewed by your provider).
- Referrals: (859) 278-5007 Based on your insurance requirements, a referral or precertification may be necessary for specialty and/or diagnostic services. Please call (859) 278-5007 and ask for referrals or precerts. This is the information you will need: Patient’s name and date of birth, Caller’s name and phone number, Patient insurance and identification number, Name of the specialist or facility along with the fax number, if available date of scheduled visit and reason for visit. If your primary care physician has not referred you, you may be required to have an office visit here first. The primary care physician submits the request to the insurance company which decides if the referral is approved. Please contact us well in advance to allow for the approval process.